Urban governance in climate change adaptation
It is expected that cities will increasingly face the impacts of climate change. Urban vulnerability will therefore be affected by the way adaptation strategies are taken into account by urban policies and practical implementation of appropriate adaptation measures, both technically and spatially. As part of a study, the ENEP Working Group Climate Proof Cities is organising an international meeting with invited, high-level experts on urban climate change and adaptation policies. The ENEP working group will use the meeting outcomes to finalise its report. The ultimate ENEP report will be communicated to the European Commission, EEA, WHO, ICLEI, and other interested parties.
- 12.00 Registration
- 12.30 Welcome and introduction
- 12.45 Efficient and effective policies on climate variability and climate change adaptation
- Speaker: Dr. Nigel Carter, City of Wiltshire (UK)
- Referent: Dr. Richard Pagett, CIWEM (UK)
- 13.15 Practical models and tools for impact and adaptation analyses
- Speaker: Dr. Chris Zevenbergen, Dura Vermeer/UNESCO IHE (Netherlands)
- Referent: Dr. Leendert van Bree, PBL (Netherlands)
- 13.45 Strategies on dealing with uncertainties
- Speaker: To be invited
- Referent: Dr. Jeroen van der Sluijs, Utrecht University (Netherlands)
- 14.15 Synergies and mainstreaming with other urban policies
- Speaker: Dr. Suraje Dessai (to be confirmed) (UK)
- Referent: Dr. Liesbeth van Holten, Province of Utrecht (Netherlands)
- 14.45 Practical guidance for societal urban governance
- Speaker: Dr. Stefano Caserini, Politecnico of Milan (Italia)
- Referent: Dr. Alessandra Laghi, AIAT (Italia)
- 15.15 Conclusions and closure
Tell us you're coming via the LinkedIn Event
(this is not an official registration).
No admission costs for ENEP and VVM members, non-members pay €50,- excl. VAT.
The meeting is held at the Brabanthallen, Den Bosch, the Netherlands.
More information and official registration on our website.